Buy a four-door car is a wise move for those with friends and family who would like to take them with them. Choosing a good car can be hard enough without worrying about fuel economy. However, the Hyundai Sonata can be the solution to your problem. The new 2022 Hyundai Sonata offers variety, a premium warranty and is simply one of the best cars on the market at over 40 mpg.
Most important points:
- 2022 Hyundai Sonata is available in a sporty 290 hp N Line configuration and a 2.0 liter hybrid electric four-cylinder in-line configuration.
- Hyundai Sonata is available in 9 finishes, from the base model SE to the premium Hybrid Limited
- The Sonata Hybrid Blue gets a combined 52 mpg, while the Sonata Hybrid Limited gets an admirable 47 mpg together.
Is the 2022 Hyundai Sonata a good car?
The 2022 Hyundai Sonata does a number of things very well. Firstly, the Sonata offers the consumer variety. Shoppers can buy a base model SE or the next SEL and don’t feel bad about the purchase or how much they spent. If consumers want a nicer, better equipped Sonata, they can also opt for a Limited or economical Hybrid Limited.
Subsequently, the Hyundai Sonata has a respectable predicted reliability score of four out of five according to: Consumer Reports† Should something go wrong with your Sonata, it can be covered by Hyundai’s industry-leading warranty.
Which trim choice is the most economical?
While the lineup includes three hybrid models, TrueCar says the most fuel-efficient is the 2022 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Blue. The Hybrid Blue handles urban transport with a gas mileage of 50 mpg. Plus, the Hybrid Blue cruises efficiently at highway speeds, with an EPA highway rating of 54 mpg. Those two scores give the Hybrid Blue an overall score of 52 mpg, one of the best scores in the segment.
Is the Hyundai Sonata a safe car?
In addition to the industry-leading fuel economy and warranty, the Hyundai Sonata 2022 is a safe car. According to Consumer Reports, the new Sonata is a Top Safety Pick from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS). The Hyundai model also has a five-star overall crash rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). However, the Sonata failed to achieve perfect scores after being awarded four stars in the frontal crash tests.
How much does the new Sonata cost?
The new Hyundai Sonata is priced according to equipment specifications, with the base model SE being the cheapest. Consumers can expect to pay about $35,445-$36,745 for a Limited, depending on whether they choose a hybrid or gas-powered model.
- The base model SE has a starting price of $25,195
- Hyundai Sonata SEL starts at $27,295
- The fuel-efficient Hybrid Blue starts at $28,395
- 2022 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid SEL starts at $31,145
- The plusher SEL Plus has a starting price of $32,495
- Hyundai’s sporty Sonata N Line- starts at $34,795
- The N Line Night Edition starts at $35,795
- 2022 Hyundai Sonata Limited starts at $35,445
- The range-topping Hybrid Limited starts at $36,745
The 2022 Hyundai Sonata is one of the best cars on the market with over 40 mpg
With a wide variety of equipment options, reliable safety benefits and eco-friendly fuel economy figures, the Hyundai Sonata is an excellent choice for sedan buyers. Scroll down to read more about fuel-efficient cars.
RELATED: Driving-friendly: 4 tips to save money on petrol