Grand Theft Auto V is one of the best-selling video games ever and has endured three generations of different consoles. Over 160 million copies have been sold in the past nine years. It remains popular, with players joining daily. Due to its popularity, GTA V has not only created tons of new gamers, but it got people into cars. Rockstar Studios has always worked hard to pack a huge selection of unique vehicles into the games, and GTA V is no different. What are the best cars in GTA V?
GTA V’s best cars for speed
Grand Theft Auto V has a huge lineup of cars, trucks and SUVs that is constantly growing. Due to the huge selection, there are some clear favorites among gamers. If you’re looking for speed, cornering like a pro or just want something unique, there are plenty of different options available.
Consider these three models for speed demons seeking the fastest speeds while playing the game.
- Ocelot Pariah: This sports car looks striking with styling cues from a few cars, most notably an Aston Martin. This unique sports car is one of the most impressive in the game. With a top speed of 240 km/h, the Ocelot Pariah is remarkably fast. Plus, it can be customized to make it even faster. It costs $1,420,000 in in-game currency, which is a pretty steep price tag.
- Benefactor BR8: Based on an Indy car, this race car is ready to bring you straight forward speed and tight handling. You can enjoy a top speed of 123 mph. With a price tag of over $3,000,000 in in-game currency, the Benefactor BR8 is a big investment, but well worth it.
- Bravado Banshee 900R: This car brings classic American styling that is strikingly similar to a Dodge Viper. With the Bravado Banshee 900R you can enjoy a top speed of 131 mph. Plus, for budget-oriented games, this sports car costs $565,000.
GTA V cars to drift
Many gamers love to play Grand Theft Auto V because of the high speeds these cars can reach. But for drivers who don’t just want to enjoy top speeds, these are some excellent models built for drifting. These models are ready to help you become the virtual bum you’ve been dreaming of.
Drivers looking to show off their drifting skills, consider these three models!
- Karin Futo: If you want a car that looks straight out of the classic Initial D, go for a Karin Futo. With styling very reminiscent of the Toyota AE86, you can manji over the straights or take a hard corner in the corners. Plus, you can buy one for just $9,000.
- Buffalo STX: One of the most popular cars from the GTA V universe is the Buffalo S. The Buffalo STX is an updated version. The Buffalo STX is almost identical to the Dodge Charger and has impressive performance. You can easily toss out the back and smoke your virtual competition out as long as you have $2,000,000 to spare.
- Dinka RT3000: With a list price of $1,715,000 in-game, the Dinka RT3000 is the little coupe made for drifting. Based on the popular Honda S2000, this unique two-seater has plenty of upgrades and can be a great car to drift.
Three of the most unique cars available
Of course Grand Theft Auto V comes with many more practical models, almost 700 according to GameRant† But the nice thing about GTA V is the crazy and unique cars that are available. These three cars are some of the most amazing models, but are just a taste of what GTA V has to offer.
- Vigilante: Have you dreamed of driving the Batmobile? But you don’t have $399,000 in real life? Instead, consider the GTA V version, the Vigilante. With a top speed of 150mph, a price tag of over $3,000,000 worth of in-game currency, and vigilante-inspired weaponry, a vigilante could be a better choice.
- Pegassi Toreador: With design influences that draw from a few different classic Lamborghini models, the Pegassi Toreador is a 60s-inspired sports car you’ll love. With a price tag of $3,600,000, this is not only suitable for the road, but can go underwater and help you explore even more of Los Santos.
- The Deluxo: If you want to feel like Marty McFly and Doc, consider the Deluxo with its DeLorean styling. For the paltry price of $4,721,500, you can virtually enjoy driving on the road and taking off into the sky over Los Santos.
How do you get these cars?
These models are all available for gamers to purchase in GTA V Online. GTA V Online is a major reason why this game remains remarkably popular. The prices for this, not counting the Karin Futo, seem ridiculous. Luckily, if you play GTA V Online often, you know it’s pretty easy to earn enough in-game currency to pay for one of these cars. PC gamer notes that you can easily make money thanks to the heists available, the ability to own properties and businesses, and more criminal options.
If you don’t want to spend time making money in the game, you can also buy in-game currency with real money. You can look into the Shark Card, a method of getting in-game currency without too much work.
GTA V has a lot of replayability thanks to these great models
Grand Theft Auto V remains one of the most popular video games and is working hard to keep the game fresh with new updates. More importantly, playing GTA V can help you experience impressive cars, trucks, and SUVs that have striking similarities to real-life models.
RELATED: Volvo enters an epic partnership