Currently, the vast majority of mobile phones sold have some type of fast charging. This can vary from 15 W from the most basic models to others that reach 65 W and some even more than 100 W. If we have a suitable charger, we can logically take advantage of this fast mobile charging. The higher the power, the faster you can charge the battery and everything while driving. Within the fast charging standards, Qualcomm’s Quick Charge is most commonly used to charge devices in the car.
What is Qualcomm Quick Charge Technology?
Fast charging technologies are quickly becoming popular among users and Quick Charge is one of the most widely used standards. This Qualcomm technology powers your devices faster than conventional charging, which: shorten the time load. This certification ensures that the charger meets performance and safety standards. With an uncertified charger there is a greater risk of insufficient power supply or overheating, which can damage both the device and the charger. Currently, the most recent version it’s 4.0+.
Other features to consider:
When buying a mobile charger for our car, it is useful that we take into account a series of previous characteristics. And there is so much variety of chargers on the market that they are not all equally ideal, resulting in a real fiasco if we don’t choose well. In addition to fast charging as such, we have to consider other values such as:
- amperage: It has to do with the speed with which we can charge our mobile. This parameter depends on the charging capacity of the specific phone model and the technical parameters of the charger. The higher the amperage, the more charging power it supports.
- charger size: In this case, size does matter, and a lot. There are cars that have the cigarette lighter very low, or they have it in a compartment that closes and it’s not worth putting in a charger because we couldn’t close it. Therefore, in this case, it is something to consider.
- Number of points of sale: A USB car charger may have one or more outlets. The models with more sockets are a perfect solution for users who need to charge other devices, not just the phone, such as a tablet or headphones.
- Port types: The charger can run USB-A or USB-C type cables. In some cases, they may even have the classic Micro USB, which is still present in older mobile phones, as well as the Lightning connector to Apple devices.
- connectivity: It is possible to find cable chargers that connect directly to the mobile, as well as wireless chargers. In this case, it is also connected to the car’s cigarette lighter, the difference being that the mobile is attached to the base and charges wirelessly.
- Cable length: You must be able to connect the phone and put it in a safe place in the car. The most important thing is the distance from the cigarette lighter. A long cable means more mobility and minimizes the risk of damage. If the wireless charger is also important, the length of the cable that goes from the cigarette lighter to where we attached the charging base is usually in the front air vent.
- LED screen: to ensure that the charging processes are performed correctly. This prevents the belief that fast car chargers are properly connected and in reality the contact is not adequate. Therefore, it does not charge and the surprise comes when you leave and see that the battery is on its last legs.
- Safety precautions: A good car charger has sufficient security measures to prevent malfunction or damage to the device. The most important measures are protection against overvoltage, overload, short circuit and overheating. In addition, it is very important that it has a CE (European Community) certificate.
- Price: Another fundamental element, as we can choose chargers with a faster charging speed and a larger number of available ports based on our budget.
Car chargers with cable and fast charging
Next, we are going to see a list of chargers with fast charging for the car. These have a cable and connect directly to our mobile phone. The price is usually not very high and is suitable for all wallets.
Beikell 36W/6A car charger
This dual charger features: fast charge 3.0 fast chargewith a total power for both ports of 36W/6A. The USB ports are responsible for high-speed simultaneous charging. It has CE certificate for total safety and to prevent overload, overheating and short circuit protection.
Charging always stops automatically when the battery is full. It is made of environmentally friendly ABS, aluminum material and high quality circuitry to ensure maximum reliability and durability. It is compact and highly portable with dimensions of 5.3 x 2.7 x 2.7cm and a weight of 30 grams. We can buy it around the 10 €.
43W USB Car Charger
We are faced with a super fast charger with a dual charging port of 43W maximum powerto run, one USB-A and one USB-C. The USB-A port supports the protocol QuickCharge 3.0 and it can provide a maximum output power of 18W, up to a charging rate of 9V/2A. It is also equipped with a 1.2 meter 3-in-1 USB multi-cable with a maximum output power of 60W.
It has an LED design, which when plugged into the car’s cigarette lighter, it lights up and allows us to quickly find the charging port in the dark, ensuring safe driving at night. It is quite compact as it measures 10.1 x 10.1 x 3.2 cm for a total weight of 80 grams. its round price the 9 €.
INIU 66W charger
We are talking about a charger with two ports, one USB-C at 36W and another USB-A at 30W. It is possible to charge 2 devices together without sacrificing speed. Delivering up to 66W in total, this charger is compatible with the latest version QuickCharge 4.0+ you can even quickly charge a computer or other device.
It has a screen where you can quickly see the status of your car’s battery, which can serve as a practical reminder to buy or repair your car’s battery in time, thus avoiding possible breakdowns along the way. It is designed with the premium and elegant aluminum alloy, it will never rust and melt. The dimensions are 10x5x5cm for a weight of only 30 grams. The price is approx Amazon €14.
Syncwire USB C 60W charger
This car charger is characterized by its small body (6.8 x 5.8 x 2.4 cm and 17 grams in weight) and an elegant design that fits perfectly with most cigarette lighters. It has a drop down ring which will be a great help to remove the charger easily. It includes a USB-C port and a USB-A port, with a 30W max power. This charger allows to charge two devices at the same time with a total output of 4.8A and automatically adjusts the output according to each port.
It is compatible with all mobile phones that support fast charging because it is compatible with the standard QuickCharge 3.0. Its manufacture is carried out by combining a zinc alloy metal housing with an intelligent chip characterized by its resistance to scratches. This contributes to the exquisite texture and long shelf life. The car charger CE Certificate: and provides multiple protections against over-current, short-circuit, over-voltage, under-voltage, over-temperature and overload protection. its round price the €17.
Wireless Car Chargers
If we have a mobile phone with wireless charging capability, we can also choose one of these wireless car chargers. They are slightly more expensive than the traditional ones, but the change allows us to charge the mobile without having to connect the cable directly to the charger.
Mohard 15W Wireless Charger
This wireless charger features: 15W fast charging able to intelligently identify and charge the device at the fastest speed with the highest security. We just need to connect it to the included charger compatible with QuickCharge 3.0. It has various safety systems such as overload protection, overheating and short circuit protection, etc. Thanks to the indicator light on the bottom, we can know the charging status of your device at any time. In addition, the foreign body detection FPS is responsible for avoiding the abnormal load of the equipment.
This car holder fits everyone phones from 5.4 to 7 inches and works with cases less than 6mm when charging (except rugged, knurled and metal cases). Silicone is used in the construction on the arms and feet to protect your phone from scratches. In addition, the highly flexible 360-degree hinge allows us to quickly switch from vertical to horizontal. its round price the 25 €.
WOFALO 15W charger
We are talking about a wireless charger with a triangular shape for a firmer and more adjustable grip. The holder can be rotated 360 degrees without shaking even on the most unstable roads. It closes automatically by electromagnetic induction. This makes the clamps more stable and advanced, preventing them from reopening on their own. throw away 15W fast wireless charging with heat sink.
There are 16 holes on the back, through which cold air can directly enter for heat dissipation, which improves the heat dissipation effect by 60%. Better heat dissipation means better mobile protection. In addition, the clamps are covered with a soft silicone pad, which is responsible for protecting our mobile from bumps and scratches. its round price the 38 €.
Auckly 15W Wireless Charger
This charger has automatic clamping by means of a hidden trigger which is responsible for: automatically hold our mobile. At the bottom is a small L-shaped light that makes the mount easy to find at night. Due to the clamping force of its electric motor, it can be locked immediately after tensioning, which makes it very stable.
It has non-slip silicone and a 15 degree tilt angle to wrap the phone at 285°. The bottom bracket has anti-slip stripes to prevent the phone from slipping. The Auckly wireless car charger is 100% compatible with the EU standards and can charge wirelessly up to 15W. The price is around €40.
As we have seen, we have quite a few options when choosing our car charger. Chargers with fast charging so that we have 100% access to the mobile battery during our car journeys.
Of the different options we propose, we believe that the one we would opt for is the: INIU charger. We like that it has both a USB Type-C and Type-A port that allows us to have a total power of 66W. This is achieved by being compatible with the latest Quick Charge 4.0+ technology. It is also designed with the high quality aluminum alloy and is extremely light and very compact.