The new generation Mahindra Scorpio-N is built on a new body-on-frame platform. At launch, it will bring out a series of new features that will give it a distinctive character from the existing model.
Mahindra recently presented the new 2022 Scorpio-N for the Indian market. The new generation model has been christened ‘Scorpio-N’, while the existing model will also continue to sell with the renamed ‘Scorpio Classic’ nameplate. The new SUV, codenamed Z101, is built on a new body-on-frame platform and will bring out a range of new features that will give it a distinctive character from the existing model. Here are some key features that are expected to be added in the new generation of Scorpio.
(Also Read: Mahindra Scorpio Old vs New: What Will Change, What Won’t)
- 4X4: The company has officially confirmed in the recently sent press release that the all-new Scorpio-N will be equipped with a 4X4 feature. Although it will probably be added as an option. Considering that Scorpio-N will stand out as an off-road-friendly vehicle, the 4X4 option should come in handy.
- New logo: The Scorpio-N will be the second vehicle in Mahindra’s lineup (after the XUV700) to receive the company’s SUV branding.
- Dual LED Projector Units: This feature has been confirmed by the latest official images. The new model will carry the stylish looking Dual LED projector units, which will give it a very sporty and modern look.
- Dynamic Turn Signals: This is yet another feature confirmed by the latest teaser video of the car. This indicates that the new Scorpio-N will be no less than the XUV700 previously launched in India.
- Large Vertical Touch Screen: Previous spy footage confirms the use of an all-new large vertically positioned touch screen system that takes center stage on the car’s redesigned dashboard.
- Fully digital driver display: The instrument cluster on the new Scorpio-N will be fully digital, as confirmed in the previous spy footage. It will be a major step forward from the existing unit.
- Automatic transmission: In addition to a six-speed manual transmission, Mahindra will equip the new Scorpio-N with a six-speed automatic transmission with torque converter.
- Riding Modes: The new Scorpio-N will feature several riding modes, as evidenced by spy footage in the recent past. The inclusion of the new modes will add a touch of modernity to the interior of the new car.
- Flat-bottom multifunction control: The 2022 Scorpio-N will have a sporty-looking flat-bottom control, which will be fully equipped with several buttons to largely control the settings of the infotainment system on the car.
- Sunroof: This particular feature was confirmed by the official design reveal images of the car that were rolled out very recently.
That said, expect the car to come with 360-degree camera functionality, given that it’s becoming more common now, especially in the cars of its class. Expect other things too, such as two-zone climate control, connected car technology, cruise control and a premium surround system in the new car. Although, these are yet to be officially confirmed.
Date of first publication: May 21, 2022, 10:44 AM IST